May 30, 2012 #everydaymay
Couple ideas for tonight’s post rolling around in my head, but I’d be lying if I said that this bottle of The Bruery’s Trade Winds Tripel isn’t slightly muddling my focus. Instead of trying to just pick a topic and writing about it, I think I’ll just list the topics I have in my head.
- Every musician carries the self-imposed curse of wishing they were as good as they are ten years ago. If only we just could have been a good player without having to work for it.
- “Community” is (or maybe was) the best show on TV. As silly, or weird, or funny, or brilliant, or intelligent as it’s ever been, it’s also one of the most human shows out there. At the heart of the show is this amazing group of seven characters who start as strangers and continually choose to stick together as a group/family regardless of all their over-the-top flaws and idiosyncrasies. It just really speaks to me.
- My son slept through the entire night last night for the first time ever. He slept from 7:40pm until 7am and I’m so happy and proud of him. The wonderful irony is that I couldn’t fall asleep last night until after 2:30am and only ended up getting about four hours of sleep.
- I’ll say this once and then
harp on it repeatedly leave it alone: I can’t understand wanting to keep taxes low on the very wealthy. I’m not saying punish success, I’m just saying that you made it with American society’s help and maybe you owe them. I didn’t say it, but to whom much is given, much is required.
- I seriously can’t wait for “The Dark Knight Rises,” “Prometheus,” and (maybe) “Brave.”